For hundreds of years, headline news was in newspapers and magazines or other print formats. Print was and is a one-way medium, and until recently quite profitable for news organizations. The Internet has revolutionized the way news content is distributed and consumed, but also has sapped profits for news entities. The best solution to this industry-wide dilemma is to highly engage your digital readers, learn from them and know them better than the competition, and monetize them via various means.
The informing and educating of our general public is crucial for any democratic society, and this has been getting increasingly frayed in recent years because of the Internet and its profit-destructive force it leaves in its wake. 1World is helping news organizations around the world with better real-time engagement with their audience in the two-way medium digital news offers, and also how to get back onto a path to profitability.
A Pew Research Group study found the following statistics on how consumers get their headline news:
• 50% cite the internet as a main source for national and international news
• 30% of US adults consume news on Facebook
• 50% of social networking site users have shared or reposted news stories, images or videos
• In the 2012 presidential election, 47% of Americans used the internet as a main campaign news source
• 31% of tablet news users said that they spent more time with news since getting their device.
• 64% of tablet owners and 62% of smartphone owners said they got news on their devices in 2012.
The statistics are clear, headline news is migrating to digital mediums.
The 1World Platform can help digital publishers understand public opinion and educate and inform their audience through a structured and engaging interface. 1World’s sophisticated web/digital publisher platform offers engaging content and “native” engagement applications such as polling, quizzes, surveys, and debates. 1World also enables new monetization programs for publishers. Furthermore, 1World’s Global Exchange Network allows publishers to create comprehensive follow up stories with ready-to-go interactive content, data visualizations, and infographics. 1World is on a mission to maintain journalism excellence, help the headline news industry transition to the new digital world, and can work with news organizations of any size or available budget.
What do people think about today's headline news? 1World can reveal the answers.